iPad Intermediate Class starts in Edinburgh 11th April – 9th May

ipad intermediate class

IPAD: INTERMEDIATE LEVEL

5 WEEK COURSE IN EDINBURGH STARTING ON MON 11TH APRIL TO MON 9TH MAY 2016

10:45AM – 12:45PM

This is following on from the beginners’ course but it is not essential to have already completed the beginners’ course. It will recap on the main functions of the iPad, but will mainly focus on set tasks for students to demonstrate their capabilities. It aims to increase confidence and your general understanding of getting the most out of your device and embracing the digital world.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:

Students must bring their own iPad. No previous experience of using an iPad is required, as the basics will be covered. Experience of using computers in general is an advantage. Please note this class is designed around the iPad or iPad Mini, not other types of tablet or android device.

GENERAL AIM OF THE COURSE:

To introduce students to iPads and create confident users through a variety of set tasks.

LEARNING OUTCOMES:

By the end of the course, students will:

–       Understand iPads and how they work.

–       Learn how to download applications and how to use them.

–       Understand and use cloud storage.

–       Know how to send and receive emails and save attachments.

–       Learn how to browse the internet and manage bookmarks.

–       Develop a good understanding of cloud syncing.

–       Know how to use the default apps like calendar, notes, maps and settings.

–       Feel confident to explore the world of touch screen devices/iPads and their functions.

–       Know how to use iPads to take photos, edit them, share them.

–       Learn how to connect to free Wi-Fi/hotspots, public libraries and explore the internet.

GENERAL APPROACH TO THE COURSE:

In classroom teaching mainly. A visit around the area may be arranged as part of the course material. Normally, sessions start with a theoretical introduction to the subject/topic of the day, after this most of the time will be spent in hands – on practice with support from the tutor.

MATERIALS REQUIRED BY STUDENTS:

Please bring your iPad with you. A note book and a pen to keep notes may also be useful.

ANY QUESTIONS?

Please contact Jon Exton on 07739126188 or email jon@socialant.co.uk. Payment can also be arranged over the phone.

View map location: